The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc in Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment

Any news from applicants? Offers and Rejections? Which application deadline?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Still waiting as well, applied for January deadline. What is your status?
(edited 1 year ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I'm still waiting too. My button disappeared today though.
No news at all... My upload button disappeared last Friday...

At this point I am tempted to email the department but they dont seem to have an administrator... It seems to be the direct email of the course director... i was advised to drop that idea and just wait for the outcome...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No news at all... My upload button disappeared last Friday...

At this point I am tempted to email the department but they dont seem to have an administrator... It seems to be the direct email of the course director... i was advised to drop that idea and just wait for the outcome...

I don’t think you will lose any points if you email them, but the same time i wouldnt worry. They said 8-10weeks from the application deadline and its been a little over 8.
I also checked and last year decisions were released on the 27th of March, so we just have to be patient i guess... When did you apply?
Original post by kopchop
I don’t think you will lose any points if you email them, but the same time i wouldnt worry. They said 8-10weeks from the application deadline and its been a little over 8.
I also checked and last year decisions were released on the 27th of March, so we just have to be patient i guess... When did you apply?

I submitted exactly on the Jan 20th deadline. I'm not at all optimistic about my application given how tight the admission stats for this programme are.
Original post by sunnyjude8110
Jan 20 application deadline, no news yet, although the upload button on my application has disappeared. Hoping to hear soon :smile:

How are you people appearing so suddenly?? Were you all in hiding or something? I saw no one talk about or reply to MSEE questions on the general ox postgrad thread.
How are you people appearing so suddenly?? Were you all in hiding or something? I saw no one talk about or reply to MSEE questions on the general ox postgrad thread.

didn't feel the pressure to check anything online til last night haha, it is such a tight program so i wasn't trying to get my hopes up

Was silently watching until I saw the button disappeared lol, best of luck to everyone!
How are applicants to other courses and departments so anxious and active?!?!

Everyone here seems to have been watching from the shadows... haha but its mad though, the admission stats for this programme...
Are you guys coming out of bachelors or do you already have work experience? Im about to graduate from a US university and was wondering what the demographics of others are
Original post by kopchop
Are you guys coming out of bachelors or do you already have work experience? Im about to graduate from a US university and was wondering what the demographics of others are

Bit of a combo for me - graduated from Canadian university in May so pretty recent grad, have been working for about 7 months since so I wouldn't say a ton of work experience either
hey all, I got accepted yesterday morning (Sunday, March 19th) through email. applied for January deadline
hey all, I got accepted yesterday morning (Sunday, March 19th) through email. applied for January deadline

oh wow! congrats. whats your profile like if i may ask
oh wow! congrats. whats your profile like if i may ask

thank you!! international student from central america, graduated from private American college w/ 3.9 GPA in 2020, then worked at MBB for ~2 years. Wrote my personal statement about being disilussioned with the sustainability management consulting world and engaging with ecological economic models after quitting MBB. Also had an internship at the UNDP. Honestly am very surprised, no word on funding yet tho and that's my biggest concern :frown:
thank you!! international student from central america, graduated from private American college w/ 3.9 GPA in 2020, then worked at MBB for ~2 years. Wrote my personal statement about being disilussioned with the sustainability management consulting world and engaging with ecological economic models after quitting MBB. Also had an internship at the UNDP. Honestly am very surprised, no word on funding yet tho and that's my biggest concern :frown:

will you take the offer if no funding - it is a very expensive programme, i too was shocked
will you take the offer if no funding - it is a very expensive programme, i too was shocked

definitely not - program is exactly what I was looking for but taking loans for that much as an international student is not feasible. Did you apply to programs in the US? I'm choosing between this one (if I get funding), Duke's MEM, and Denver's MA in Global Environmental Sustainability
definitely not - program is exactly what I was looking for but taking loans for that much as an international student is not feasible. Did you apply to programs in the US? I'm choosing between this one (if I get funding), Duke's MEM, and Denver's MA in Global Environmental Sustainability

Im at Duke now as an undergrad and took a decent amount of the MEM's classes, so can answer any questions if you need

Unfortunately, I did not. Regret that decision. I was told at a later stage that there are a lot of excelled sustainability themed masters in the US.
Original post by kopchop
Im at Duke now as an undergrad and took a decent amount of the MEM's classes, so can answer any questions if you need

Fantastic school. Everyone I know from Duke are brilliant people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending