The Student Room Group

Suggest Best Computer Science Books

Hello all, I am new here and do not know if this is the right place to ask the query or not, but I hope I will get a positive response. I am in my +2 and want to start my higher education in Computer Science, so I am looking for some good study materials, I searched on the internet and saw there are many courses available but I am confused to which one to choose. can any one please suggest to me the best courses and books, So I can start my learning

Thank you
Original post by lokeshjoshi94
Hello all, I am new here and do not know if this is the right place to ask the query or not, but I hope I will get a positive response. I am in my +2 and want to start my higher education in Computer Science, so I am looking for some good study materials, I searched on the internet and saw there are many courses available but I am confused to which one to choose. can any one please suggest to me the best courses and books, So I can start my learning

Thank you

Welcome to TSR! :smile:

In the UK, the term "higher education" refers to university-level education, typically taken by those aged 18 and older. Is this the level of study you're referring to? You mention that you are "in my +2". I have no idea what this means, but assume it's some indication of the level of education your're at. Unfortunately, it's not a term which is familiar to me.

Is there a specific qualification you're targeting? That will certainly help people make appropriate recommendations. (I realise that there are many courses, and you're not sure which one to choose. I'm asking whether you're trying to study for an undergraduate degree, a masters degree, a doctorate, etc.)
Thank you for your reply, I also searched on the internet and I found some of the books:

1: "Introduction to Algorithms" by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein.
2: "Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction" by Steve McConnell.
3: "The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master" by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas.
4: "Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship" by Robert C. Martin.
5: "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs" by Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman.
6: "Programming Pearls" by Jon Bentley.

i bought these books from amazon and I also found some of YouTube Channels that really have some really good information, while searching on the internet I found this post about computer science books, here author listed some of the books, this also help me a lot.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending