The Student Room Group

How to reach assignment word counts at University

I am studying computer science at University and have a 3500 word report where I have to explain different user interface designs, different UML diagrams and other stuff but I have written as much as I can for each section and am not close to the word count. I am at approximately 1500 words and have no idea where I can get another 2000 from. Our assignment says we need to include references but I don't know what they need to be as it is not specified, and I haven't explained any of the theory behind the diagrams or user interfaces because it has not asked us too. Other people seem to be writing too much on assignments whereas I am writing too little. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to increase my word count? Thanks
I think most universities have academic skills advice and support services. I'd suggest contacting them if available. They can help with writing, structure and referencing.
Is there a module reading list? (that's usually where to start looking for sources to use).
Have a look at the assessment criteria - for example, if one of them is something along the lines of "Ability to explain the theory behind user interfaces", then you know you'll need to do that.
You could waffle a bit innit
Original post by Dreyver
I am studying computer science at University and have a 3500 word report where I have to explain different user interface designs, different UML diagrams and other stuff but I have written as much as I can for each section and am not close to the word count. I am at approximately 1500 words and have no idea where I can get another 2000 from. Our assignment says we need to include references but I don't know what they need to be as it is not specified, and I haven't explained any of the theory behind the diagrams or user interfaces because it has not asked us too. Other people seem to be writing too much on assignments whereas I am writing too little. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to increase my word count? Thanks

Add more examples: You can add more examples of different user interface designs and explain them in more detail. This will not only increase your word count but also make your report more informative.

Add more diagrams: You can add more UML diagrams and explain them in detail. This will not only increase your word count but also make your report more visually appealing.

Include more theory: If your assignment allows, you can include more theoretical explanations behind the different user interface designs and UML diagrams. This will add depth to your report and increase your word count.
Add more references: You can add more references to your report to support your arguments and claims. This will show that you have researched the topic thoroughly and increase your word count.

Include case studies: You can include case studies of real-world applications of different user interface designs and UML diagrams. This will add practical examples to your report and increase your word count.
Remember to check your assignment guidelines to ensure that your additions are relevant and appropriate for the assignment.
Reply 5
I graduated last year and I have a good experience with Providing the best quality support and assistance to students with Assignments, Dissertation,Essay, Thesis..Reach out if you need help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending