The Student Room Group

Scholarship/bursary

Hello,
I have always wanting to continue my study (Msc and then doctorate programmes) but financial is alway a problem. Could go and apply for student loan but rather not if there are other option/opportunities.

Tried and had looked through a lot of charity and funding bodies, but most of them do not support psychology relative degrees. I am working for the NHS, and the NHS wouldn't fund a psychology master as psychology is already competitive. So NO hope in funded by employer. Does anyone know where can I go research for Master fundings?? For either psychology relative subject (educational psychology, health psychology, forensic psychology etc) or neuroscience.

Or if anyone can share your experience in psychology path that would be amazing, I would love to know other people's experience in psychology or mental health relative career!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey there,

If you're interested in clinical psychology I believe you can go straight into the doctorate without a masters and it's normally funded by the NHS. They're super competitive so it's important you gain a variety of experience etc. It might be worth looking into their entry requirements, a lot of them request you have a year minimum working in related field or the NHS. Once you're a qualified clinical psychologist you can branch off into educational, forensic and so on.

I'm currently in my second year studying Psychology, i'm already doing a mini-placement with Mind (mental health charity) in a client facing role, and i'm hoping to do a placement/sandwich year during my study in a similar role somewhere else to build my working experience :smile: I'm hoping to go the Dclin one day, but i'm also really interested in becoming a psychological wellbeing practitioner with the NHS too. This really appeals to me as they train you as a CBT therapist and other post-grad qualifications and there is a lot of progression internally. It's also a good gateway to prepare for the Dclin.

I hope this helps a bit,

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey there,

If you're interested in clinical psychology I believe you can go straight into the doctorate without a masters and it's normally funded by the NHS. They're super competitive so it's important you gain a variety of experience etc. It might be worth looking into their entry requirements, a lot of them request you have a year minimum working in related field or the NHS. Once you're a qualified clinical psychologist you can branch off into educational, forensic and so on.

I'm currently in my second year studying Psychology, i'm already doing a mini-placement with Mind (mental health charity) in a client facing role, and i'm hoping to do a placement/sandwich year during my study in a similar role somewhere else to build my working experience :smile: I'm hoping to go the Dclin one day, but i'm also really interested in becoming a psychological wellbeing practitioner with the NHS too. This really appeals to me as they train you as a CBT therapist and other post-grad qualifications and there is a lot of progression internally. It's also a good gateway to prepare for the Dclin.

I hope this helps a bit,

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:

Thank you so much for sharing! I know the NHS has recently updated something about psychological wellbeing practitioner, they opened a house to this. The course is now closed but I think it's going to be reopen again at some point, keep searching for it you might found it! They offers 2 year training and study program, fully funded, for psychological well-being practitioner.

I wish you the best for your future, sound like you have a really good plan, hope you enjoy your journey at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest