The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Post Grad Bursary and Scholarship

Hi!

I’ve accepted my offer at Strathclyde but I am unsure whether I can fund my post grad. I have applied for a few scholarship and bursary. The website suggests that you should hear back within 4 weeks of application. Will you only hear back if you have been successful? Or will I receive an email to confirm I have not been successful?

I applied 3 weeks ago and I will need to withdraw my application if I am not successful.

TIA x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!

I’ve accepted my offer at Strathclyde but I am unsure whether I can fund my post grad. I have applied for a few scholarship and bursary. The website suggests that you should hear back within 4 weeks of application. Will you only hear back if you have been successful? Or will I receive an email to confirm I have not been successful?

I applied 3 weeks ago and I will need to withdraw my application if I am not successful.

TIA x

Hey there! Thanks for your message :biggrin:

Which scholarships and bursaries have you applied for? If you refer to the webpage where you applied for them there should be a 'Contact' tab which you can use to get in touch with the team who administer them. If you send them an email with your enquiry they should be able to help. I believe they should email to let you know either way, but scholarships can be administered by different teams so it's a good idea to check directly with them.

Which course are you hoping to study? :smile:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey there! Thanks for your message :biggrin:

Which scholarships and bursaries have you applied for? If you refer to the webpage where you applied for them there should be a 'Contact' tab which you can use to get in touch with the team who administer them. If you send them an email with your enquiry they should be able to help. I believe they should email to let you know either way, but scholarships can be administered by different teams so it's a good idea to check directly with them.

Which course are you hoping to study? :smile:

Hi Caitlin,

I applied for the post graduate taught bursary. I have emailed the bursary team a few times now and they said they aimed to make decisions by the end of august. I have still not heard anything. Does this mean I have been unsuccessful? I thought I would hear back either way but still nothing. How will I know?

I have paid my registration fees but if I am not eligible for the bursary I will have to withdraw from my place at university due to funding. Will I be able to get my money back for registration fees?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Caitlin,

I applied for the post graduate taught bursary. I have emailed the bursary team a few times now and they said they aimed to make decisions by the end of august. I have still not heard anything. Does this mean I have been unsuccessful? I thought I would hear back either way but still nothing. How will I know?

I have paid my registration fees but if I am not eligible for the bursary I will have to withdraw from my place at university due to funding. Will I be able to get my money back for registration fees?

Hi there! Apologies, I can't advise on individual applications here but it's worth contacting the scholarships team again and getting in touch with the admissions team for your chosen course. Mark the emails as 'high importance' so they know you're following up on an earlier enquiry. You should be able to find their contact details on the course pages on our website but let me know if you can't find it and I'll help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending