The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

accommodation cancellation

Hi, I applied to 5 London universities with intent to study there coming this September, and ended up booking an accommodation since I knew I was going to be studying in the city, however now I have just been offered a degree apprenticeship in London and I am not eligible to stay at the accommodation I booked since I would be classed as a part time student and would have to pay council tax which they don't allow.
I haven't chosen my firm and insurance unis on ucas, I have also been advised by my school to not withdraw any applications on ucas, so what do I do? how do I get out of this tenancy?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied to 5 London universities with intent to study there coming this September, and ended up booking an accommodation since I knew I was going to be studying in the city, however now I have just been offered a degree apprenticeship in London and I am not eligible to stay at the accommodation I booked since I would be classed as a part time student and would have to pay council tax which they don't allow.
I haven't chosen my firm and insurance unis on ucas, I have also been advised by my school to not withdraw any applications on ucas, so what do I do? how do I get out of this tenancy?

I assume you have written copy of the tenancy agreement you signed? What does it say with regards to your right to terminate? Is there a notice period? Does it allow you to sublet it, or find a suitable replacement? The answer you seek is in that document. If you're not comfortable reading contacts, then find someone who is to help you.

Also, what is the specific provision which makes you ineligible because you will be liable for council tax? Why do they care whether you need to pay council tax or not?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, looking for a replacement tenant usually lets you out of the contract. i’m looking for accommodation next year and wouldn’t mind taking your. What are the other details?

Quick Reply

Latest