The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Private vs Uni Halls for late accommodation to Cardiff

Hi all!
I have a place for 24 entry to Cardiff but cannot accept my offer yet due to my top choice uni not having giving me an offer/rejection yet. I spoke to this Uni's admissions team and they said I most likely wouldn't get a reply until very late. I went to an open day with Cardiff and heard that good accommodation goes quickly. I don't want to miss out on the good halls accommodation but I'm worried they will all be gone by the time I can apply (also I may be accepting as an insurance choice.) I'd rather not go private as I want to be around first years, but should I reserve a private room so I can have safety in a nice place to live in my first year? I am planning to join societies to make new friends once i'm there anyway.

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all!
I have a place for 24 entry to Cardiff but cannot accept my offer yet due to my top choice uni not having giving me an offer/rejection yet. I spoke to this Uni's admissions team and they said I most likely wouldn't get a reply until very late. I went to an open day with Cardiff and heard that good accommodation goes quickly. I don't want to miss out on the good halls accommodation but I'm worried they will all be gone by the time I can apply (also I may be accepting as an insurance choice.) I'd rather not go private as I want to be around first years, but should I reserve a private room so I can have safety in a nice place to live in my first year? I am planning to join societies to make new friends once i'm there anyway.
private halls have lots of first/second year students and anyway it doesnt really matter where you live cuz you'll be mainly meeting people outside of accom
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all!

Hi there!

To be honest, its a very smart idea to book just in case! Most private student accommodation offers a policy called "No Place No Pay", or something worded similar to that. Essentially where if you end up going to a different university, you would be able to cancel. I would just double check the policies the private accommodation have over cancellations in general. You don't want to be paying for a place you're not living in!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending