The Student Room Group

Can i decline a university offer?

After researching the University i've applied to ive realised i'd hate it, it's so far away, very remote and apparently not actually as good as advertised. Issue is i've already sorted accommodation. I really don't want to go there but i'm afraid it's set in stone at this point, i don't know what to do, id prefer not going at all
Original post by amberwwright
After researching the University i've applied to ive realised i'd hate it, it's so far away, very remote and apparently not actually as good as advertised. Issue is i've already sorted accommodation. I really don't want to go there but i'm afraid it's set in stone at this point, i don't know what to do, id prefer not going at all

Is your firm offer conditional still on r unconditional?

Have you looked at the cancellation conditions of your accommodation contract?

Declining your offer and cancelling your accommodation are 2 different things
Reply 2

maybe have a look at what’s on offer in clearing and see if you can find a course available that you’d prefer. you can decline your firm (you will lose your insurance choice too) and enter clearing. what made you choose your firm in the first place? you’ve still got time to think about your options.

You can decline your offer. However you might get caught for accommodation fees as you would have signed a contract. You would need to check your contract to see what fees you are liable for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending