The Student Room Group

GCSE English language resit cost

How much would a GCSE AQA English language paper resit cost? And does anyone know how much late fees are as well?
(edited 1 year ago)
Im pretty sure that for any paper resit is £50.
Original post by mils2044
Im pretty sure that for any paper resit is £50.

With the late fees? And is each paper £50 so like for English language you have paper 1 and 2 is the whole paper 1 and 2 £50 or just paper 1?
(edited 1 year ago)
I think it was for each paper so paper one would be £50 and paper two an additional £50. That's what i have been told but cannot guarantee that its correct.
Original post by Aaronn456
How much would a GCSE AQA English language paper resit cost? And does anyone know how much late fees are as well?

The price depends on where you retake and usually has little to do with the examiners fee. It depends on what the exam centre wants to charge for the exam fee plus the other services they provide (admin, room, invigilation etc). Typical late entry fee will be £300-350 as a private candidate unless you are in school/college and can persuade your exams office to enter you at cost that would be £87.40 for AQA. Note: Very late fees apply from 21/April.
Original post by gdunne42
The price depends on where you retake and usually has little to do with the examiners fee. It depends on what the exam centre wants to charge for the exam fee plus the other services they provide (admin, room, invigilation etc). Typical late entry fee will be £300-350 as a private candidate unless you are in school/college and can persuade your exams office to enter you at cost that would be £87.40 for AQA. Note: Very late fees apply from 21/April.

So when is the last deadline for summer 2023 exams? Can I still be entered for the exam?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aaronn456
So when is the last deadline for summer 2023 exams? Can I still be entered for the exam?

You can be entered now IF you can find a centre willing to do it. Exam centres don't like the admin headache of late entries and might be unwilling to do them. You would be paying the late entry fees as above.
In theory you can be entered for an exam at the very last minute, especially if the exam centre already has more papers than they require. The exam fees for AQA for a very late entry (after 21/April) are £109.25, you're own school/college might charge you this plus a small admin fee on top if they are running these exams anyway for other students. The typical price charged by a centre for a private candidate would be more like £350-£400 for a very late entry.

Quick Reply

Latest