The Student Room Group

Student finance independent status

I am looking to apply for student finance for a teacher training course starting in September this year but had a couple of questions about the application beforehand if anyone is able to help!

I am currently 24 (annoyingly turning 25 two weeks after the start of my course) I have been in full time employment since 8th September 2020 and have had ad hoc/ zero hour contract jobs whilst I was in uni a few years ago. Would these zero hour contract jobs be able to make up my 3 year independent status (I only need an extra 3.5 months to qualify outside my full time job)

I am starting the teacher training in Oxford and am aware they have strict rules regarding part time jobs whilst studying. It is therefore likely that I will have no income during the year and am particularly worried about funding my accommodation and travel. When calculating my independent status, is it likely that I would be classed as independent?

I can technically work until the beginning of September this year too but I’m aware that I would be leaving it too late to apply for student finance if I did this anyway.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending