The Student Room Group

maintainance loan for eu students

Hi,
I am joining uni this september to study adult nursing. I have pre settlement visa. My application for the tuition fee was approved. However the nhs grant that i applied for was rejected since i am only taking tuition fee loan and not the maintainance loan.
This changes my whole scenario because since i was relying on nhs grant which would have helped me to manage my living cost. I am still fully employed and i am planning to stay employed even while studying.
is there any way i can still apply for maintenance loan? if there is will it hamper my tuition fee loan which is already approved.
Thank you
Original post by Gajal
Hi,
I am joining uni this september to study adult nursing. I have pre settlement visa. My application for the tuition fee was approved. However the nhs grant that i applied for was rejected since i am only taking tuition fee loan and not the maintainance loan.
This changes my whole scenario because since i was relying on nhs grant which would have helped me to manage my living cost. I am still fully employed and i am planning to stay employed even while studying.
is there any way i can still apply for maintenance loan? if there is will it hamper my tuition fee loan which is already approved.
Thank you

Hi there,

Can you please confirm your nationality? When did you first arrive in the UK?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
My nationality is Portuguese and I came here on September 25, 2021.
Original post by Gajal

Thanks, to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan and grants (if applicable) you need to either have Settled Status or be working while you study.

Just to confirm, you plan to work for the duration of your studies, is that right?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Gajal

Hi Gajal,

Can you confirm where you were living before the UK?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Yes that’s right. I’m 25 year old so I can apply as a independent student right? If I start applying for it will it hamper my tuition fee loan that has already been accepted?

Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks, to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan and grants (if applicable) you need to either have Settled Status or be working while you study.

Just to confirm, you plan to work for the duration of your studies, is that right?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Gajal
Yes that’s right. I’m 25 year old so I can apply as a independent student right? If I start applying for it will it hamper my tuition fee loan that has already been accepted?

Based on what you have advised you would need to apply as a Migrant Worker to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan. This means you need to work during your studies to be eligible. You would need to apply on the 23/24 PN1 paper form found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1151449/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

You would need to send this back in post with a copy of your contract, your last 3 months payslips, your EU Share Code and copy of your Home Office Letter confirming your status. Once received the team will review this and confirm if you're eligible or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 7
Thank you but do I just post it, do I need to update on my student finance account?or call them to inform before I send them additional information? Will that hamper my tuition fee loan which has already been approved?

Original post by Claire SFE
Based on what you have advised you would need to apply as a Migrant Worker to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan. This means you need to work during your studies to be eligible. You would need to apply on the 23/24 PN1 paper form found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1151449/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

You would need to send this back in post with a copy of your contract, your last 3 months payslips, your EU Share Code and copy of your Home Office Letter confirming your status. Once received the team will review this and confirm if you're eligible or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Gajal
Thank you but do I just post it, do I need to update on my student finance account?or call them to inform before I send them additional information? Will that hamper my tuition fee loan which has already been approved?

Hi there, You would just complete and return the application via post along with the evidence listed above. We will remove the current application for the Tuition Fee funding only as the new application requests the Tuition Fee and the Maintenance Loan funding. Thanks, Angela.
Reply 9
Thank you for your reply angela. I am just concerned because the deadline has crossed to apply. Will that matter?
Original post by Gajal
Thank you for your reply angela. I am just concerned because the deadline has crossed to apply. Will that matter?

Hi there, The deadline date we advise is just a guidance date we will still process your application. Thanks, Angela
Reply 11
Do I need to send the migrant worker form as well?
Original post by Gajal
Do I need to send the migrant worker form as well?

Hi there, Yes, please return the form also. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending