The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do after my law degree

Hi so I am nearly finished with my law degree, but I have no idea on what I want to do next. My inital plan was to be a solicitor but I don't want to be a solicitor or barrister or anything like that anymore. Any suggestions or advice i'm all ears.
Original post by Safiyahhx
Hi so I am nearly finished with my law degree, but I have no idea on what I want to do next. My inital plan was to be a solicitor but I don't want to be a solicitor or barrister or anything like that anymore. Any suggestions or advice i'm all ears.

First, a question.... What are you interested in and passionate about?

Second point, your degree is still of value to you, as those study skills the law degree taught you are useful in all walks of life. Reasoning, logical deduction and investigation, identifying weaknesses and strengths in 'a thing' are all skills that I use as an Engineer, that people in project management and other professions also use and value.

You have a degree, it opens doors you might not expect. Maybe take a peak behind a few. Maybe the cCivil Service might be of interest too. They have direct recruitment but they also have graduate schemes each year too.

With a degree, you are generally looking at HEO grade posts, or grad schemes :smile:

Best of luck whatever you do in life.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending