The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Has anyone received an offer from bath for mechanical engineering?

My friends got offers for arospace and other courses not related to engineering a while ago and my parents are beginning to stress thinking they’ve forgotten about my application as I’ve had no reply
Moved to Bath Uni forum to help you get a reply, or try posting in the 2023 Bath applicant's thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7204514
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Benslapper
My friends got offers for arospace and other courses not related to engineering a while ago and my parents are beginning to stress thinking they’ve forgotten about my application as I’ve had no reply

Still waiting too for Mechanical Engineering at Bath.
Hi there Benslapper & ASL1234!

Please rest assured it is perfectly normal to receive offers from Bath later in the year than other universities. Courses within Engineering generally here at Bath, but particularly MechEng are some of our most competitive, meaning we receive a very high volume of applications for the space available on the course.

What this means is that it takes our Admissions team longer to process them all. They want to ensure that every application is treated fairly and equally against all the others and is given the consideration it deserves regardless of when it was submitted. They are working through MechEng applications as quickly as they can and aim to let everybody know by late-April whether they have an offer or not. I understand that waiting on offers can be stressful I personally did not receive my offer from Bath until many of my classmates had already firmed other universities! However please be assured there is still plenty of time, so be sure to keep an eye on Bath Application Tracker.

We wish you the very best of luck with your application 😊 when the time comes, you can full instructions on how to respond to your offer on this page there is also a short section on reasons for delays!

Bath is one of the top choices for Aeronautical Engineering this year (2023) so if you receive an offer and decide to accept I am confident you will have a thoroughly positive experience here fingers crossed!

I hope this helps

Holly
University of Bath
Reply 4
still waiting for Mechanical Engineering too!

Quick Reply

Latest