The Student Room Group

School

Hello (: I would like some advice on school (': it's so hard!
I know it's quite late for some schools, but is there any good school where I can do A-Levels? I'm not 100% certain, but I'd like to pick things like Law, Criminology, Psychology, maybe languages (Spanish preferably). I'm more of a writing person than a maths/science person, so won't pick those. Can anyone recommend any sixth form or college, or any general advice? Thanks, have a nice day (:
(In Liverpool!)
Hey!

There's an online school called Wolsey Hall Oxford, if you're interested. You can join at any time and you are given the flexibility to take the time you need to work through the courses. What they do is they have an online platform with your courses: your modules, topics, resources etc. They send you the books and then you work your way through the course, doing assignments which get marked by tutors. You don't have interactional lesson with tutors, but they're always there for you to send them an email for help, and you can pay for extra lessons if you're struggling with something. I've been with them for 4 years and have found them VERY helpful.

Here's the link if you want to find out more: https://wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/

I hope your 'school hunting' goes well!! : D
Original post by wokae
Hello (: I would like some advice on school (': it's so hard!
I know it's quite late for some schools, but is there any good school where I can do A-Levels? I'm not 100% certain, but I'd like to pick things like Law, Criminology, Psychology, maybe languages (Spanish preferably). I'm more of a writing person than a maths/science person, so won't pick those. Can anyone recommend any sixth form or college, or any general advice? Thanks, have a nice day (:
(In Liverpool!)

Are you looking for a school to start year 12 now (unlikely) or in September when the new school year starts? Do you want a local authority school/academy or a private (fee paying) school? Have you looked at local colleges rather than school based 6th forms? Some people are happier in college where they might be treated more maturely and independently, some people need the disciplined environment of a school. What are your GCSE results like? Are you academically strong and able to win a place at the more selective schools or more of an average candidate? Are your grades in relevant subjects good enough for the A levels you would like to do?

Lots of web sites list and rate schools in a local area. E,g, https://schoolopinion.co.uk/north_west/liverpool/sixth/list/
You would need to check with each school or college whether they are accepting applications and whether you meet the requirements of the A levels you want to do. Only you can decide which feels right for you.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest