The Student Room Group

Would I be competitive for Imperial

Hi, I was wondering whether it's worth applying to Imperial(And UCL for that matter) or if I'd just be wasting a choice. I want to apply for Maths, from what I see the offer rate is ~25%.

In terms of GCSEs, it's pretty mid(1 8, 2 7, 4 6, 4 5).

I'd be taking a gap year, and doing FM A-Level + English Lang AS(English Language requirements). I hope to achieve ~A*A*A this year in these exams.

My question: Would this be competitive? I feel like they're incredibly picky so I don't know whether it'd be worth it, especially if I wasn't doing FM and Maths in the same year. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Wow really? I thought Imperial was like best of the best lol.

Thanks - I'll have a look at all 3. I was already thinking about Manchester and I visited Warwick last year too - lovely campus.
Reply 3
Original post by AnotherStudent!

Thanks - I'll have a look at all 3. I was already thinking about Manchester and I visited Warwick last year too - lovely campus.

Imperial is very good, don't listen to that comment it's completely wrong. In terms of how good unis are considered for maths it goes Cambridge, then Oxford, then Imperial and Warwick. Manchester and Bath are both very good but definitely a step down from Warwick and Imperial. Also I'm at Warwick Maths so AMA if you have any questions.
Reply 4
Original post by AnotherStudent!

Yes I don't recommend for Maths. If applied Maths is what you are going for, I'd say Ok sure go for Imperial but that raises the question why don't you just do some form of engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest