The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Warwick or Exeter for History and Philosophy undergrad

hey, I've received offers from both Warwick and Exeter but I'm torn which university I should firm. any advice would be great!
boost ^
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
My daughter had offers for both unis and has just firmed Exeter. She really liked the people and Warwick and the new FAB building however the course at Exeter suited her better and she likes that it’s in an actual place rather than a bit in the middle of nowhere. She thought the travelling from accommodation in leamington etc in yr2 onwards would get annoying whereas everything can be walkable at Exeter. She also likes the idea of being able to go to the beach at weekends!
Original post by Klf1333
My daughter had offers for both unis and has just firmed Exeter. She really liked the people and Warwick and the new FAB building however the course at Exeter suited her better and she likes that it’s in an actual place rather than a bit in the middle of nowhere. She thought the travelling from accommodation in leamington etc in yr2 onwards would get annoying whereas everything can be walkable at Exeter. She also likes the idea of being able to go to the beach at weekends!

aaah thank you for this!! yes accommodation is such a good point (: - what course is your daughter going to study?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
aaah thank you for this!! yes accommodation is such a good point (: - what course is your daughter going to study?

Hopefully FCH (English lit/Spanish and Russian) if she gets the grades. If not English and Spanish also at Exeter is her insurance.
Original post by Anonymous
hey, I've received offers from both Warwick and Exeter but I'm torn which university I should firm. any advice would be great!

My son had offers for History from both, he has firmed Warwick and insured Exeter. Exeter is only 20mins from where we live and is a great Uni but he chose Warwick because of the slightly better graduate opportunities in the various ranking tables. He will be happy with either to be honest as he likes the courses that both offer. The only major difference is that he will opt for catered accomodation in Exeter and Warwick don't offer it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending