The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Lewes Court/Stanmer Court Sound Issues

Hi, I'm an international student who is unable to visit campus and see the accommodation for myself. To anyone who has visited or currently lives on campus - how bad is the noise at Lewes and Stanmer Courts? I read that there is construction near Lewes Court and that Stanmer is RIGHT next to the train station. They are my two favorite options, but I think too much sound pollution could be a dealbreaker.

There was a housing webinar on Monday and the lady there said it wasn't that bad, but I'd like to hear students' opinions.
Reply 1
Hiya I'm a first year on campus at Sussex - the noise situation in Lewes Court is quite bad right now and it's forced the uni to reimburse students affected by the construction in certain Lewes Court flats - however, it predominantly affects a few of the blocks, not all of them, however it is a gamble as to whether you'll be near the construction or not!! Also sorry but I don't know much about Stanmer Court, it is literally right next to the motorway and Falmer train station though so I'm sure some noise gets in.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending