The Student Room Group

Higher Biology help

Hi,
I’m currently studying for the exam on the 27th and need help with how I can get an A. I’m currently working at a High C, and can’t seem to get any higher. Can anyone give me some tips on how I can get an A?
(edited 1 year ago)
I'd recommend making sure you're familiar with all the outcomes in the course spec (pages 35-78):

https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/h-course-spec-biology.pdf

Work through as many past papers as you can, with particular focus on problem-solving questions, as these seem to make up the bulk of the marks in the exam. Knowing the outcomes in the course spec is really helpful for the knowledge and understanding questions, as the wording of your answers has to be very specific. Make sure that you go through the marking schemes thoroughly to ensure you understand the points you need to make in your answer. The course spec is also really helpful for the 'essay' questions, as these really just require you to make as many points as possible related to the topic they ask you about.

Best of luck with it all!
Original post by TDCTV
Hi,
I’m currently studying for the exam on the 27th and need help with how I can get an A. I’m currently working at a High C, and can’t seem to get any higher. Can anyone give me some tips on how I can get an A?

Read over all notes, try to condense them by writing down the most important info.
Practice lots of past papers and essay questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending