The Student Room Group

🌟Im trying to improve my sleep by sleeping early but I am find it difficult😣

Hi everyone:smile:

I'm 18.
I'm the type of person who is used to going to bed at 12-1am I'm aware that is note healthy.

I want to start being in bed by 9pm(I tried 8:30 but that had not worked)
I have only managed to fall asleep before 11-10pm

My reasons are I want to wake up early so I have extra time for prayer and I do not rush(it takes me about 30-40mins)and to use the mornings for revision before I head for school at 7:25am.

I'm trying to wake up around 4AM

Are there any tips?

Upon reflection maybe it's because I have been having my dinner and 1hour before I go to bed(I have been trying my best to finish Bio&chem notes these past three days and assignments so that I can focus on revision,so I have been having dinner late)

(And I have been on my phone around that time,maybe that's why when I do get to bed I find it hard to fall asleep??)
Eating so close to bedtime will be part of the problem, yes. Are you able to eat earlier or are you observing Ramadan?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
Eating so close to bedtime will be part of the problem, yes. Are you able to eat earlier or are you observing Ramadan?

I am able to.
Usually on a school day I have dinner around 4pm.

It's just lately I have been trying to finish stuff so I have been having dinner late.

Last week I tried to be in bed by 8:30pm but I never reached that goal so I'm trying to aim to be in bed by 9pm at least.

Also,I am a Christian.
Does reading 30mins before bed actually help you to fall asleep?Has anyone here tried that?

(I have an online novel I'm considering reading before bed and I'm fine with diming the lights on my phone.)

Quick Reply

Latest