The Student Room Group

panicking about GCSEs

Its seems like everyone here and in real life is getting chains of 9s, but i really want chains of 9s as well, but i dont have any motivation at all, i literally procrastinate and not even revise anymore. i have an exam in 20 days and it is my worst subject. i feel like i am so behind
You have asked asked a close-ended question which is not even a question but rather a statement in which you have answered your own question.
Original post by PaintNdraw
Its seems like everyone here and in real life is getting chains of 9s, but i really want chains of 9s as well, but i dont have any motivation at all, i literally procrastinate and not even revise anymore. i have an exam in 20 days and it is my worst subject. i feel like i am so behind

Why is your exam in 20 days? I thought they started on 15th March?
Original post by x_hm05.06_x
Why is your exam in 20 days? I thought they started on 15th March?

Probably a speaking exam.
Maybe
I thought they were also in exam season.
Original post by x_hm05.06_x
I thought they were also in exam season.

For most such exams many logistical issues arise due their static nature, requiring a larger timeframe. Exceptions may though be made for modules with low enrolment, pretty much never.
Oh, I see. Tyy
Your perception of real life seems to be rather skewed. Huge numbers of students every year fail their GCSEs, and the vast majority are certainly not getting all grade 9s.
Just do your best and stop procrastinating. If you've done your best, regardless of your grades, you should be proud of yourself. If you get lower grades due to procrastination, then you'll be kicking yourself.
Original post by PaintNdraw

Heya!
Have you tried the pomodoro technique? It helps against procrastination, you can read more about it here :h: Regarding motivation, I would recommend setting yourself goals for the day and really giving yourself that last push and doing your best! I'm sure you'll be able to get all 9s, hard work will pay off!

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
Have you tried the pomodoro technique? It helps against procrastination, you can read more about it here :h: Regarding motivation, I would recommend setting yourself goals for the day and really giving yourself that last push and doing your best! I'm sure you'll be able to get all 9s, hard work will pay off!

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you Milena! I have tried it out before, but i had stopped using it for a while, as I was worried i was not doing a lot, but from now on, i will use it as i think it is a better method than doing 1h sessions for each subject.
Have you tried using a revision timetable? I always used to spend a long time creating one, which was another form of procrastination, but for my A Levels I am using an app called "Adapt," which creates a revision timetable for you within a few seconds. You've just got to select your subjects and it will create one for you and include every module / sub topic. Also, you can make changes to it if things haven't all gone to plan, and it will update it for you within seconds. Again this means that you don't have to spend ages changing it. I've personally found that this is a great app because it gives me the benifits of having a revision timetable, (being motivated by it,) without having to spend ages creating one
I hope that helps! Good luck with your revision! You'll do great!

Quick Reply

Latest