The Student Room Group

A level biology

So I’ve just done my gcse for triple biology and I fear I’ve gotten a grade 5 once AGAIN. Even though biology is my favourite subject I do terrible on the exams. My schools wants atleast a 6 for a level but if I get a 5 then I won’t be able to do it I think. I want to take medicine in the future and most uni’s ask for grade 6 in bio, what if I don’t get a 6 though? Will I just have to abandon my dream in medicine? Or is there a way to retake biology gcse? Or can I still take the alevel?? I’m really panicking and I truly have no idea how I’ve done!!
Reply 1
Original post by Sonia27
So I’ve just done my gcse for triple biology and I fear I’ve gotten a grade 5 once AGAIN. Even though biology is my favourite subject I do terrible on the exams. My schools wants atleast a 6 for a level but if I get a 5 then I won’t be able to do it I think. I want to take medicine in the future and most uni’s ask for grade 6 in bio, what if I don’t get a 6 though? Will I just have to abandon my dream in medicine? Or is there a way to retake biology gcse? Or can I still take the alevel?? I’m really panicking and I truly have no idea how I’ve done!!

You can always retake a GCSE, multiple times if needed (via an external centre especially), so don't fret on that account: there's always another way. Your sixth form may be lenient and allow you to get through with a 5, but if not remember it's always possible to go via another route. It's also easy to stress after an exam, even if you've done well - it's just the way the mind works. Try and enjoy your summer, and don't worry about your grades - no matter what, if you try hard enough you'll be able to get your dream :smile:. I hope that helps, and best of luck with any remaining exams!
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
You can always retake a GCSE, multiple times if needed (via an external centre especially), so don't fret on that account: there's always another way. Your sixth form may be lenient and allow you to get through with a 5, but if not remember it's always possible to go via another route. It's also easy to stress after an exam, even if you've done well - it's just the way the mind works. Try and enjoy your summer, and don't worry about your grades - no matter what, if you try hard enough you'll be able to get your dream :smile:. I hope that helps, and best of luck with any remaining exams!

Thanks for the reply, I really hope they’ll be lenient lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending