The Student Room Group

i don't enjoy my subject, but i'm scared to change it

howdy, friends! here's hoping this is the right place to put this query.

iii... am stuck, rather simply. i'm considering changing courses in september - fresh slate & tabula rasa, all of that. i'm currently doing BTEC uniform public services with a-level equiv criminology but i realised early on that as much as i like UPS as a... learning how the police works sort of thing, i don't really want to commit any farther to it; i don't want to go into UPS, i have zero interest in the UPS. i only took it on alongside criminology because i didn't get my maths GCSE to go full law & legal. i'm a humanities guy. i like criminology more & i want to maybe continue that if i can. maybe switch fully to sociology, philosophy & history which much better suit my interests & i'm good at. but i'm, ya know, nervous to make the switch.

my plan is to email a teacher to air out that i'm thinking about reapplying to change courses in september, to start fresh, but i'm deeply worried that it'll go terribly wrong somehow - either i can't, or it'll muck up UCAS or my maths, or something. more scared than anything that i'll make the entirely wrong decision.

i suppose the real question is... if anyone else is in a similar position or was in a similar position, what's your advice? what did you do when faced with the realisation that you deeply despise your course & want to change it?

cheers,
toby
Assuming you’re in year 12, just retake year 12 but with a diff subject. Lots of people I know redid year 12.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending