The Student Room Group

Studying abroad, studying in Britain.

What preparations do I need to make to go to the UK for postgraduate study?
I actually just finished my undergrad coming from abroad and it really depends on where you're coming from but heres some common advice:

- Get your paperwork in order: You'll need to have all the necessary documents for your visa application, such as your passport, acceptance letter from your university, and proof of funds to support yourself while studying.

- Research your university and course: Make sure you have a good understanding of what your course will entail and what resources your university offers for international students.

- Connect with other international students: Joining social media groups or online forums for international students can help you connect with others who are going through similar experiences and can offer valuable advice and support.

- Brush up on your English skills: If English isn't your first language, you may want to consider taking an English language course to improve your skills and prepare for studying in an English-speaking environment.

- Familiarize yourself with the culture: Take some time to learn about British culture, customs, and etiquette. This will help you adjust to your new surroundings and make a good impression on your new peers and professors.

- Look for accommodation options. You can start by researching your university's accommodation options, such as university-managed halls of residence or private rental options on apps like SpareRoom. Consider the cost, location, and facilities available to ensure that your accommodation meets your needs and budget. Also make sure you can also reach out to other international students or join student forums to get tips on what a bang for your buck should look like!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending