The Student Room Group

Can you ever take a job back after declining?

Title
Reply 1
This isn't a legal thing, it is just going to be based on that company and their policy or needs etc. The only thing you can do is reach out to them and check with them, maybe explain the circumstances that have since changed and you would like to now take them up on that offer, but you have no right to that job if you declined it.
Original post by J_A_L_S
This isn't a legal thing, it is just going to be based on that company and their policy or needs etc. The only thing you can do is reach out to them and check with them, maybe explain the circumstances that have since changed and you would like to now take them up on that offer, but you have no right to that job if you declined it.

I dropped out because of the location and they did a lot to try and accommodate for my disability regarding travel, like first they say I will need to go to Dartford, Kent for the first 2 days and the manager decided I don't need to do that and then they said since I have issues travelling I don't need to go to central London and I can go to Aldgate when it is built (original site) now they said to go to city road which is the second site because the first site isn't made so I declined even though they said my manager can walk with me from Aldgate to the city and I suggested going there on my own to the city with bus rather than a half hour walk then I declined it.

The pros would be getting paid and cons would be too far and male dominated when I am a female
Original post by J_A_L_S

My mum said they are going to beat me up if I did accept now. I even signed paper work and everything and declined on the actual start date 20 minutes before meeting the manager.

I think I should let it go, my email was "I can't accept this job. It's too far" because I had to send a quick email. If I had taken time I would have said "I appreciate everything that you have done for me to accommodate for my disability but I would need to decline this offer"

The lady from the training provider already started insulting me saying "I'm not being funny but you won't find an apprenticeship right next to your doorstep. The manager has already said you don't need to go to Dartford" and "I am completely aware of health constraints, I had paramedics round to my house and still made it to work" and "you've said no and decided not to give it a go so they don't want to know you"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending