The Student Room Group

[deleted]

[deleted]
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by username3729415
I received an offer from Edinburgh for Law having been rejected from a slightly less ‘prestigious’ and competitive university.

I’m still waiting on Durham and Bristol. I really do feel that by now the vast majority of offers will have gone out and there are a very limited number of places available, which means that an offer is even less likely at this point.

Am I overthinking my offer from Edinburgh or is it on par in terms of competitiveness with Durham and Bristol? Does it mean that my application is strong enough or should I not get my hopes up and focus on the offers I do have?

For what it's worth, I have offers from Durham and Bristol but still waiting for Edinburgh. If i get an offer from Edinburgh, depending on the grade requirements, I will make it my top choice.
Generally from my experience, Edinburgh seems to have as prestigious of a reputation as Durham and both are probably considered better than Bristol (this is dependent on the course though, idk abt law)
Hope you get an offer!

thanks im praying!
Unis don’t run out of places at this stage. If you applied pre-Jan deadline then you’re still being assessed against the same criteria as any other ‘on time’ application.

You could still get an offer or a rejection, but the fact you’ve been on hold for a while at least suggests you passed any initial screening.
Me too. My LNAT was mediocre/average but im hoping the essay and my GCSE's/predicted grades can still do something? I'm not sure though cos it seems very late and I think it will just be an auto rejection or something at this point
Thanks for this.

Can we assume that by now they will have looked at all applications, or is it possible that if you haven’t heard back, it may be that they haven’t even seen your application yet?

At this stage it's more likely that everything has been looked at, even just a quick sense check to make sure all the info needed has been input, but it may not have been scored/assessed from an offer making POV.

If you are worried, there's no harm in giving them a quick call to make sure you haven't missed any communications - such as requests for info.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending