The Student Room Group

Lost - continuing my law degree

Hi,
I am doubtful of continuing my law degree and doing graphic design instead. I am in first yr and it’s now mid way April so it’s exam season and l am thinking of leaving law after a honest reflection with myself that l do not enjoy the study as much. Law is a bit interesting but studying for exams seem like a chore to me. I am not sure if l am just lazy. However, l do not want to regret and l am afraid to end up in a situation like this when doing graphic design so l will take online courses beforehand. I have already taken a gap yr and with this yr can seem like a waste of time, especially for my Asian parents.
I don’t want to be a lawyer or a law teacher but want a stable job and not sure whether law or graphic design will get me there. Can any of the students of law or graphic design who are currently studying or have graduated help me here?
When people say they want a "stable" job what they usually mean is they want some guarantees. But unfortunately there is no longer any guarantee of a job that you can stay in for long term in most fields. Instead you should consider what you enjoy and where your talents lie.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending