The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni Of Leeds Accomodation

Incoming international student from Australia looking for the best Uni of Leeds accommodation for social life. Wont know anybody in Leeds but want to make friends who share an interest in nightlife etc.
Original post by BL9403
Incoming international student from Australia looking for the best Uni of Leeds accommodation for social life. Wont know anybody in Leeds but want to make friends who share an interest in nightlife etc.

Moved to Leeds Uni forum to help you get replies.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by BL9403

A lot of people tend to say avoid Devonshire if you want somewhere social but I completely disagree. I've just finished my year at devs and I couldn't have chosen somewhere better for the social aspect. They put on the most events out of any accommodation, I was on the committee at devs this year we did stuff like an outdoor cinema, blind date game show, dog therapy, Christmas quiz, sports day to name a few. There is always something going on. The biggest reason people avoid devs is because it has an 11pm noise curfew but honestly this didn't bother me throughout my time there. As someone who goes out a lot, I was worried about this but it was absolutely fine. We generally held pres in our kitchen a couple times a week with about 40 people. Whilst, yes, this isn't allowed, at 11 when the warden is walking round you just close the windows for a bit and by 12 people are going out anyway. I became friends with a lot of Aussies this past Semester and they really recommend Devonshire. Please let me know if you have any questions, but I really recommend devs.

Quick Reply

Latest