The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Offer from university of Southampton

I have an offer for "digital strategy and information systems" from UOS. Also an offer for "Information system and digital Innovation" from Loughborough University. The course are kinda different, both are good in their ways but I'm a little confused on which to pick, could anybody give me an understanding on the job opportunities so I can pick based on that
Original post by harshi_219
I have an offer for "digital strategy and information systems" from UOS. Also an offer for "Information system and digital Innovation" from Loughborough University. The course are kinda different, both are good in their ways but I'm a little confused on which to pick, could anybody give me an understanding on the job opportunities so I can pick based on that

Hi @harshi_219

Congratulations on your offers!

Choosing a university to go to can be a really difficult decision. If you visit the MSc Information Systems and Digital Innovation course page, you will be able to see the modules you would be studying, rankings and careers information, which may help you with making a decision. If you have any specific questions relating to the course you can email [email protected] and they will be able to help you.

I would also visit this page on our School of Business and Economics to find out more about the department that manages this course.

In terms of job opportunities, if you scroll down on the course page to the 'your future career section' you will be able to see roles graduates from this course have gone into and which companies. Loughborough also has a fantastic careers network that support you during your time at Loughborough and also for up to 3 years after graduating!

Other than this, I would consider the location of both the universities as they are in very separate areas of the UK with different cities near them. I can't comment much on the transport links to Southampton but I've never had a problem getting anywhere from Loughborough. We're only a 10 minute train ride away from Leicester and not much further from Nottingham. It only takes around an hour and a half to get to London (depending on the train you get) and I know there are also coaches that you can use to get to London and also north of Loughborough. There is even an airport close by!

You should also take a look at the campuses and see if you like one over the other more. I'm a current undergraduate here and it really helped me to take a look at the campuses of the universities I was considering and was one of the reasons I chose to come to Loughborough.

Finally, I would take a look at accommodation options and the social activities that each university provides. Perhaps there is an interest or a hobby that you have and you would like to continue it or you want to try something new. You can see what societies or sports each university has to get involved in beforehand.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know :smile:

Jess
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending