The Student Room Group

Less chance or same chance?

I did not really give my A-Levels the enough amount of thought I should have and chose subjects that might not be considered to be “big” or “facilitating” ( AQA philosophy, Edexcel politics and OCR classical civilisation) compared to maths or english. Are my chances of getting into a top uni lessened in any kind of way?

Edit: Going for a law degree
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by correct-cantalou
I did not really give my A-Levels the enough amount of thought I should have and chose subjects that might not be considered to be “big” or “facilitating” ( AQA philosophy, Edexcel politics and OCR classical civilisation) compared to maths or english. Are my chances of getting into a top uni lessened in any kind of way?

hiya i wouldnt say your chances are lower, you just probably have less of a range of subjects you can apply for, but if you have a degree in mind and your a levels fit the entry requirements youll be fine!

Depends what you are applying for
For what course at university?

Your a levels are fine - perfectly respectable academic subjects.
Original post by lola028
hiya i wouldnt say your chances are lower, you just probably have less of a range of subjects you can apply for, but if you have a degree in mind and your a levels fit the entry requirements youll be fine!

Thanks, much appreciated
Original post by ajj2000
For what course at university?

Your a levels are fine - perfectly respectable academic subjects.

A law degree
Reply 6

Not at all. Your A-level are all traditional academic subjects. The are also essay based, which is ideal for law.
Original post by lalexm
Not at all. Your A-level are all traditional academic subjects. The are also essay based, which is ideal for law.

ty

Heya!
Law degrees don't have specific entry requirements, so as long as you get good grades you should be good! if it helps, check out this free course for law application :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest