The Student Room Group

Just curious

Is being in a relationship with your cousin’s nephew via marriage bad? He’s 8 years older than me and we aren’t even related because he’s my cousin’s husband’s brother’s son
Original post by Anonymous
Is being in a relationship with your cousin’s nephew via marriage bad? He’s 8 years older than me and we aren’t even related because he’s my cousin’s husband’s brother’s son

Well from a legal point of view, as long as there's no blood between the two of you, then it's fine. Even with a blood connection, in the UK, the law only covers direct relatives such as parents. siblings, grandparents and blood uncles and aunts... by the time you get to cousins that's OK (well from a legal perspective anyway lol).

However, it all depends on how your friends / family may perceive this sort of thing... for instance in many South Asian communities, it's not uncommon at all. But in my family, it wouldn't go down particularly well.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Well from a legal point of view, as long as there's no blood between the two of you, then it's fine. Even with a blood connection, in the UK, the law only covers direct relatives such as parents. siblings, grandparents and blood uncles and aunts... by the time you get to cousins that's OK (well from a legal perspective anyway lol).

However, it all depends on how your friends / family may perceive this sort of thing... for instance in many South Asian communities, it's not uncommon at all. But in my family, it wouldn't go down particularly well.

Yeah we’re not genetically related but I guess the social aspect taints it a little

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending