The Student Room Group

Help university and clearing

I got an offer for BCC.
I’m going to put this as my first choice.
I don’t want to do the course I’ve changed my mind it’s too late but I don’t want to apply to ucas extras.
Can I decline my offer if I get accepted/ get a place after results day and can I apply for a course in clearing then
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I got an offer for BCC.
I don’t want to do the course I’ve changed my mind it’s too late but I don’t want to apply to ucas extras.
Can I decline my offer if I get accepted/ get a place after results day and can I apply for a course in clearing then

Yes, you can.

But there's not much point Firming it if you don't want to take up the place. You'd be better declining everything either using Extra now or being in Clearing immediately on results day.

Is there another course at any of your current offer unis that you'd prefer to do instead? If so, you can contact them now and ask if a course swap is possible.
I got an offer for BCC.

You can decline any offer on results place then go into clearing. It is totally pointless firming something you dont intend doing. You might as well decline now and go through extra. You have more chance of getting in through extra as courses might be full,
I got an offer for BCC.

Why don't you want to go into UCAS extra? It does seem a better option than firming a course you don't intend to do.
Do you have alternative ideas in mind?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending