The Student Room Group

Which university should be my insurance choice?

Hi! At the moment I'm really torn on choosing an insurance university, and with the decision deadline getting closer I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has any knowledge or experience with the unis that I'm looking at. I have already picked my firm choice but I also have offers from UCL (Classical Archaeology and Civilisation - CCC), KCL (Classical Studies with English - ABC), Uni of Bristol (English and Classical Studies - ABB) and Uni of Birmingham (English Literature and Classical Literature & Civilisation). I'm not really considering Birmingham but am stuck between the rest.
Here's my reasoning for each:
UCL - highest ranking on league tables, lowest offer and good location BUT London expenses and I'm more interested in literature than archaeology
KCL - love the campus, love the modules, quite a low offer BUT not as high ranking in tables as others and London expenses
Bristol - cheaper accommodation, closer to home, well respected uni and I like the city BUT higher offer and when I went on an offer holder day I didn't love the buildings or the lectures
If anyone has any opinions or info that might help me choose I'd really appreciate it!
(edited 1 year ago)
This has to be your personal decision. Everybody will think differently. Go for the one where the course and locations suits you best. Do not worry about rankings and do the course that you prefer. I suspect that Kings is where you prefer but have concerns about cost. That is something only you can decide upon. The other 2 dont seem right for you.
I'm not sure if this will definitely help or or not, but I'll suggest it in case it does: For myself, I ruled out the offers which were either higher than or the same as my form choice. Out of the remaining options, I went to offer holder days, and I looked at information on wesbites, and I imagined myself as a student in differernt places, thinking "If my firm choice university didn't exist then where could I see myself?" Basically, it had to be a process of elimination because I was happy with most of the universities that I had applied to, if that makes sense, and it sounds like your in a similar position, and there isn't one that stands out to you in particular. This isn't a diect answer, because it's got to be a personal choice, but hopefully this will start you along a good thought process. Good luck and congratulations on your offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending