The Student Room Group

Cifas marker and renting

I have recently found there was a cifas marker against my name . Reasons I have no idea . Presume someone used my identity and I get the backlash . I’m trying to move out and house share within a few months . Will this be an issue
Reply 1
Original post by Jacob_1602
I have recently found there was a cifas marker against my name . Reasons I have no idea . Presume someone used my identity and I get the backlash . I’m trying to move out and house share within a few months . Will this be an issue

If you have a cifas marker and you didn’t partake in fraud I would get that sorted out immediately if I was you as you will struggle later on in life. As for your question most of the time a cifas marker shouldn’t affect your ability to rent but it’s up to the landlord/agency at the end of the day
Original post by Jacob_1602

Yes, you'll find it hard to pay for things and arrange utilities.

You should probably make an effort to find out more rather than just ignoring it. If someone has used your ID for this what else have they done?
I’m sure you didn’t do anything, just as everyone in prison is innocent 🙄
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending