The Student Room Group

the panic and stress of exams ?????

i've constantly had dreams for the last two weeks, where I see myself missing exams and going to results day to end up with nothing on my sheet, and while studying i constantly feel panicked that i'll run out of time?? won't finish what i need to and end up doing horrible in the real exam, and i know people will say that i need to chill or just take it easy and its not the end of the world?? but really and truly it does feel so, (esp having asian parents and what not) sometimes i feel so helpless i end up procrastinating and think that theres not much use to me trying anymore. im so scared of not ending up in the sixth-form i want to go to and that everything is kind of just ruined for me.
Idk but from my experience, if you panic, you end up not doing as well as you could've done had you not panicked. I always remind myself that it's not the end of the world if I don't do well in an exam. Technically speaking, you only really need a pass in your exams which isn't that hard to get. I've also noticed, at least for GCSEs, that people tend to get a grade or 2 higher in the actual exams than the mocks. When you're going into the actual exams, act like it's another mock and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest