The Student Room Group

Can I become a teacher with a geoscience degree? (BSc & Master's)

title
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Can I become a teacher with a geoscience degree? (BSc & Master's)

Hello @Vyshto Andeddu,

Absolutely you can. Teacher training requires you to have a degree, and your GCSEs (Level 4 and above) in English and Maths [plus Science for Primary]. Where a degree is not relevant to the secondary subject you wish to teach, teacher training providers may look at other forms of qualification (such as A Level) to determine whether your level of subject knowledge is sufficient.

Geography teacher training - a subject that currently offers a £25,000 bursary for eligible candidates - can be found, along with other teacher training courses, using the government search portal at: www.gov.uk/find-postgraduate-teacher-training-courses

For more information you can visit the Get Into Teaching website, or, for FREE and impartial one to one advice/support you can request an adviser here. Our advisers (all of whom are qualified experienced former teachers) can help you to find the right teacher training course for you, gain some school experience (allowing you to make informed decisions/choices moving forwards), write your personal statement, and prepare for interviews.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Tom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending