The Student Room Group

SFE loan

Hello,

I'm an EU national and I started an MSci - Integrated masters degree course in London in Sep 2020 with an SFE loan. However, this month I learned that based on my current 3rd-year grades 2:1, I'm not eligible to continue my last year, so instead I am graduating with a BSc degree now.
My question is: Can I apply for an SFE loan to fund my MSC program at a different UK university? Perhaps, there's a way to transfer my current pre-approved loan for the final year to this new program or how should I proceed? Please, help! (I have a pre-settled status in the UK if this is of any matter).

Best regards,
Gus
Original post by Gus111
Hello,

I'm an EU national and I started an MSci - Integrated masters degree course in London in Sep 2020 with an SFE loan. However, this month I learned that based on my current 3rd-year grades 2:1, I'm not eligible to continue my last year, so instead I am graduating with a BSc degree now.
My question is: Can I apply for an SFE loan to fund my MSC program at a different UK university? Perhaps, there's a way to transfer my current pre-approved loan for the final year to this new program or how should I proceed? Please, help! (I have a pre-settled status in the UK if this is of any matter).

Best regards,
Gus

Hi Gus,

Students who have received undergraduate loan support from SFE(i.e. tuition fee loans / loans for living costs) towards any of the following PG Master's course types are ineligible for a future PG Master's Loan from SLC unless they can demonstrate Compelling Personal Reasons for having not completed the previous course:

- Pre-registration PG master’s Healthcare courses
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT) courses only the ones leading to the award of a Master’s qualification
- Master’s of Architecture courses
- Integrated Master’s courses.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending