The Student Room Group

Recommendation on notetaking apps for University🌟

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well.

Could you guys please recommend me some notetaking apps for university/medicine.

-Im looking for something that has a range of highlighters(I'm a very visual learner and colours really help me)

(For university I would like to convert from pen & paper note to digital notetaking-I have never done that before but I this will save me a alot of space and paper and I would have to carry a bunch of notes when moving dorms or to classes.Also,I rather do notetaking than typing notes I am not a fast typer and honestly I hardly use a laptop.)

-able to easier insert images/diagrams from e.g google or a website (because I wouldn't have time to draw images during a lecture)

-smooth writing(won't lag while writing)

-I would rather if the app is free BUT if you know any good notetaking apps that you have to pay for, please put that in your list

-(How do you save your notes on gmail?When I asked a med student they said they do this.
Do you sent it to yourself and star it?
Like I don't think you can make folders on gmail.)

-it would be nice if the app has a easy storage and system for your notes.
For laptops,you can make a folder and then sub-folders.
It would be nice if I could do something similar like make a 'year 1'folder and then have sub-folders for the modules/Topics and THEN place my notes.

Thank you for your time and patience:smile:
Original post by B-star
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well.

Could you guys please recommend me some notetaking apps for university/medicine.

-Im looking for something that has a range of highlighters(I'm a very visual learner and colours really help me)

(For university I would like to convert from pen & paper note to digital notetaking-I have never done that before but I this will save me a alot of space and paper and I would have to carry a bunch of notes when moving dorms or to classes.Also,I rather do notetaking than typing notes I am not a fast typer and honestly I hardly use a laptop.)

-able to easier insert images/diagrams from e.g google or a website (because I wouldn't have time to draw images during a lecture)

-smooth writing(won't lag while writing)

-I would rather if the app is free BUT if you know any good notetaking apps that you have to pay for, please put that in your list

-(How do you save your notes on gmail?When I asked a med student they said they do this.
Do you sent it to yourself and star it?
Like I don't think you can make folders on gmail.)

-it would be nice if the app has a easy storage and system for your notes.
For laptops,you can make a folder and then sub-folders.
It would be nice if I could do something similar like make a 'year 1'folder and then have sub-folders for the modules/Topics and THEN place my notes.

Thank you for your time and patience:smile:

I'm assuming you mean apps for ipads:
Goodnote is free for your first 3 notebooks. I personally prefer their aesthetics.
Collanote is also a good one as it was made by a uni student and has all the stuff you listed above including the folders and the pen/pencil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending