The Student Room Group

iPad or laptop?

So since I’m on a budget I’m not sure whether to buy the Logitech keyboard for my IPad or just get a HP laptop? I’m going to be studying biomed so I want to make sure I have the right processors and softwares to make note taking, assignments, exams etc, a smooth process. Can someone help me out.
Original post by studynutella
So since I’m on a budget I’m not sure whether to buy the Logitech keyboard for my IPad or just get a HP laptop? I’m going to be studying biomed so I want to make sure I have the right processors and softwares to make note taking, assignments, exams etc, a smooth process. Can someone help me out.

Hey @studynutella,

First, congratulations on securing your place at university!

In terms of your decision I would recommend that you explore opportunities your university offers, like free laptops for the duration of your course or borrowing laptops from the library as this may be an alternative to buying your own. Then (you have already started to think about this which is good), I would suggest that you look at what software you are likely to use at university for notetaking or technical work in your course and whether it works seamlessly on an iPad or laptop it might be worth asking current students via Unibuddy if they require a laptop for the course.

And finally, a pro for the laptop will be that you have more devices (screens) that you can use to multitask (watch lectures on one and make notes on the other) and you can still get a cheap wireless keyboard. But then the IOS ecosystem may not be the most compatible with windows.

I hope that helped 😅

Shaheer (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending