The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Entry requirements ucas

Uclan gave me an offer for 112 points but on their website it says 96-112 points.
Will I not get in if I get 96 points??
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Uclan gave me an offer for 112 points but on their website it says 96-112 points.

When universities list their entry requirements as a range (e.g. "UCAS: 96-112 points at A2"), it normally means that "standard" applicants will be made an offer at the top end of that range, but that "contextual" / "wider participation" applicants will be made an offer at the bottom end of that range.

Another way to express the same concept would be "standard offer: BBC / contextual offer: CCC". I can't see anything on the UCLAN web site which specifically says that how they're using the UCAS points range, but I suspect that's what it is.

If you've been made a 112-point offer, but achieve 96 points, then they might still confirm the place. However, it would depend on how many other candidates achieved their offer grades, and so how many places are left on the course.

What course is this for? We can look-up what grades most students on that course achieved, and thus gauge how "forgiving" UCLAN have been in the past.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Feels likes this could have been an addition to the previous thread where you were worried about overshooting the requirements.

If your offer is 112 then that's what you need to be guaranteed to be admitted. You may still be admitted below that, but it depends on the results of other candidates and whether they have space as a result.
Original post by Admit-One
Feels likes this could have been an addition to the previous thread where you were worried about overshooting the requirements.

If your offer is 112 then that's what you need to be guaranteed to be admitted. You may still be admitted below that, but it depends on the results of other candidates and whether they have space as a result.

Well spotted @Admit-One; I hadn't realised that OP had asked about a 120-point scenario too.
Original post by Alevelhelp.1

Hey there, :smile:

Please could you confirm which course you have applied for and I will have a look into this for you. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending