The Student Room Group

Xaverian or loreto :(

I am in xaverian,currently in year 12,I had the choice of loreto too and it’s also closer to me. Now I regret my choices very much. Due to some reasons such as exam board etc I picked Xaverian, but it doesn’t seem too important now. It’s during mock period and we don’t seem to have much resources to revise from, eg they don’t print anything out for us. We are expected to do online pp ourself. How is it like in loreto? And how do I stop dwelling
Original post by K267
I am in xaverian,currently in year 12,I had the choice of loreto too and it’s also closer to me. Now I regret my choices very much. Due to some reasons such as exam board etc I picked Xaverian, but it doesn’t seem too important now. It’s during mock period and we don’t seem to have much resources to revise from, eg they don’t print anything out for us. We are expected to do online pp ourself. How is it like in loreto? And how do I stop dwelling

I went to Loreto and finished my A Levels last year with them.

I will admit that they were generous with resources for us, my Politics teachers printed out articles and textbook chapters for us, we got given booklets made by the Sociology department and Sample papers for PE as well as exam question booklets etc. Most teachers even had their powerpoint slides available for us on SharePoint too, which was great.

The down side of it all was the fact that I seemed to get so much more homework than my mates at Xaverian who did the same subjects as me. They want good results so they'll work you hard, really hard! But it's all for the best aha.

I think Xaverian's overall problem is that it seems to lack structure unlike Loreto. My best friend would tell me that the security guards at Xav barely did their job and weren't the best whereas the Loreto guards weren't fooling around! I obviously didn't go to Xav so I can't criticise it too much but from what you've posted & what my mates told me, they could do better for their students.

To stop dwelling, it might help to remind yourself that you're not gonna be there for too long anyways, since next year you'll be doing exams before going off to whatever you chose to do after. Loreto has its strengths but also its limitations too. I also remind myself that in a good few years it won't matter too much where I went to college, only what my results were and what I did after.
Hope it helped a little bit?
Reply 2
Original post by steviestevieee
I went to Loreto and finished my A Levels last year with them.

I will admit that they were generous with resources for us, my Politics teachers printed out articles and textbook chapters for us, we got given booklets made by the Sociology department and Sample papers for PE as well as exam question booklets etc. Most teachers even had their powerpoint slides available for us on SharePoint too, which was great.

The down side of it all was the fact that I seemed to get so much more homework than my mates at Xaverian who did the same subjects as me. They want good results so they'll work you hard, really hard! But it's all for the best aha.

I think Xaverian's overall problem is that it seems to lack structure unlike Loreto. My best friend would tell me that the security guards at Xav barely did their job and weren't the best whereas the Loreto guards weren't fooling around! I obviously didn't go to Xav so I can't criticise it too much but from what you've posted & what my mates told me, they could do better for their students.

To stop dwelling, it might help to remind yourself that you're not gonna be there for too long anyways, since next year you'll be doing exams before going off to whatever you chose to do after. Loreto has its strengths but also its limitations too. I also remind myself that in a good few years it won't matter too much where I went to college, only what my results were and what I did after.
Hope it helped a little bit?

would you suggest going loreto more than xav?
Original post by rio123009
would you suggest going loreto more than xav?

May be a bit biased of me, but yes 😂
Reply 4
Original post by steviestevieee
May be a bit biased of me, but yes 😂

hahah thanks no one from my school is going Loreto and I think that was the only thing that made me doubt as I have social anxiety so I was wondering what I am going to do at lunch but I think I am js gonna give loreto a go

Quick Reply

Latest