The Student Room Group

Loreto application

i used artifical intellegence to assist me in creating my application but i just recently found out that its prohibited. i didnt copy and paste it directly and changed mostly everything into my own words, do you think theyll be able to tell that AI was used to help? all my friends are getting interviews while ive only recieved a postcard.
Reply 1
Probably not the smartest idea to use ai, but they will tell u by march, i heard they barerly look at ur statement, but they did mention parts of it at my interview. 😬
Reply 2
Original post by Ogechih
Probably not the smartest idea to use ai, but they will tell u by march, i heard they barerly look at ur statement, but they did mention parts of it at my interview. 😬

i didnt fully copy and paste it though i did word it differently and only used it to help with structure and vocab and some sentence starters, do u think thats detectable? also most ppl in my school are getting interviews is it still possible for me to get it later than them
Reply 3
Original post by covrane
i didnt fully copy and paste it though i did word it differently and only used it to help with structure and vocab and some sentence starters, do u think thats detectable? also most ppl in my school are getting interviews is it still possible for me to get it later than them

yes its possible and if you wrote it yourself then really its yours, nothing to worry about
Original post by covrane
i used artifical intellegence to assist me in creating my application but i just recently found out that its prohibited. i didnt copy and paste it directly and changed mostly everything into my own words, do you think theyll be able to tell that AI was used to help? all my friends are getting interviews while ive only recieved a postcard.
Hi mate, in the exact same boat as you. I didn’t use AI though but I did use a structure I found online and only changed a few words. Dunno if this matters. But if you go on my page, my story is similar to urs with the loreto application, and I found out two days ago I rejected from loreto.

Here’s the link for it: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7454572

They said they’re unable to offer me a place, while one of my mates from a catholic school failed all her gcse’s but still got a place at loreto. It’s rigged really, it’s like they randomize who they pick. But I got accepted to Xaverian, so that’s where I’ll be heading now 😁
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending