The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Confusing about the offer letter

Hi guys, I just got an unconditional offer from ucl a couple of days ago and I got confused about the details in the offer letter.

I finished my a levels last year in Oct/Nov, but all the a2 grades I put on UCAS are “pending” and the unis should only be able to see the predicted grades provided by my high school.

However I got the unconditional offer straight away and according to the details in the offer letter, the decision is made based on the results I declared on UCAS. Finally in June this year i will then be asked to send the a level certificate.

I am completely confused now, could anyone help me out please?

Many thanks
As I understand it, you sat your exams soon after submitting the application/before the exam results were released. And you mentioned when you expect to sit your exams in UCAS.
UCAS will therefore automatically send your results to UCL as soon as the results are available to them (which is about the time you also receive the results). So I think what happened was UCAS sent your results and so UCL was able to make an unconditional offer.
About the sending of the certificate in June, perhaps this involves sending further evidence of your results/final version of your results, as the current results are likely provisional (i.e. they may be changed if you decide to remark or the grade boundaries change for some reason).
It is, however, best to email them and ask them what exactly they mean by this...
Congrats on your offer btw!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by sbwhoexists
As I understand it, you sat your exams soon after submitting the application/before the exam results were released. And you mentioned when you expect to sit your exams in UCAS.
UCAS will therefore automatically send your results to UCL as soon as the results are available to them (which is about the time you also receive the results). So I think what happened was UCAS sent your results and so UCL was able to make an unconditional offer.
About the sending of the certificate in June, perhaps this involves sending further evidence of your results/final version of your results, as the current results are likely provisional (i.e. they may be changed if you decide to remark or the grade boundaries change for some reason).
It is, however, best to email them and ask them what exactly they mean by this...
Congrats on your offer btw!

Thank you very much! I will contact them today just to confirm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending