The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths headache.

I've been revising for the Maths prelim since well before the Prelim, which I did poorly in.
Even though I've been working hard with the revision, each time I sit to do a past paper, I have difficulty remembering what I'm meant to do.
Today I asked the Tutor to withdraw me from the exam in nine days. I was told this was not possible. Has anyone had this experience, and could I withdraw myself? Thank you
Reply 1
I think the SQA withdrawal deadline has passed so it's too late to pull out now. Probably best just to give the exam a go and try your best. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by cammy5
I think the SQA withdrawal deadline has passed so it's too late to pull out now. Probably best just to give the exam a go and try your best. Good luck :smile:

OK, Thank you.:smile:
Original post by A11yJ
I've been revising for the Maths prelim since well before the Prelim, which I did poorly in.
Even though I've been working hard with the revision, each time I sit to do a past paper, I have difficulty remembering what I'm meant to do.
Today I asked the Tutor to withdraw me from the exam in nine days. I was told this was not possible. Has anyone had this experience, and could I withdraw myself? Thank you

Don’t lose hope. I only revised the evening before my nat 5 maths exam, I felt so unprepared/couldn’t answer most of the past paper questions but when I did the exam i got 95% so you’ll probably do fine. (I just looked at the past paper’s mark scheme and watch dlb maths)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dorkpop2000
Don’t lose hope. I only revised the evening before my nat 5 maths exam, I felt so unprepared/couldn’t answer most of the past paper questions but when I did the exam i got 95% so you’ll probably do fine. (I just looked at the past paper’s mark scheme and watch dlb maths)

That man saves my grades. Well done on 95 that’s amazing 😭
Original post by Random….
That man saves my grades. Well done on 95 that’s amazing 😭

Thank you, I was so shocked when I got my result. A few hours before my exam I was begging my mum to not take me to school because I definitely thought I was going to fail it. This is why OP should still sit the exam, you never know unless you try. Plus they have like a week to prepare and a week is enough for nat 5 maths imo.
Original post by A11yJ

Whenever you come across a past-paper question you can't answer, find a walkthrough of it on youtube (If you are really struggling you can watch videos of full papers) I really like Clelland Maths , I find he explains questions really well, better than my maths teacher. Hope this helps, and remember prelims are generally harder than the actual exam :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by dorkpop2000

dbl Math is awesome; I'm a huge fan. Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
National five aside, my course demanded I sit three maths Assessments, I did, and my overall score was 92.6%. I am delighted. Relieved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending