The Student Room Group

Struggling singleness

Basically what I have a trouble with is I get upset and jealous whenever i see people my age in relationships and girls with the guys who are my type. It makes me annoyed that I've never been hit on and it's embarrassing being 18 and never having a relationship or anything yet. I feel so behind. I dunno what to do and it does distract me sometimes from my revision and work and i don't know how to. I want to be happy being single but i cannot help thinking I'm noone's type and will be single forever.
Have you ever asked someone on a date?
I dont think you should run it, you will definitely be someones type and im sure you are very beautiful. I wish i was single half the time, freedom and not a worry possibly look at how you present yourself to others. Do you have friends, are you on apps etc confidence can carry you a long way
Judging by your username I assume you are female. To be honest a lot of what you see I think is what you are drawn to. There's loads of single people around but your eyes aren't focussing on them as they don't stand out as much.

If you want a guy then you need to know that guys are very visual (most of them). So you need to wear stuff that attracts them, moreso if you are on the quiet side or you'll go unnoticed. I would say avoid going over the top as in avoid going too tacky but definitely wear stuff that flaunts the figure but only of course if you've got a figure as in at least everyday average. If you're any much overweight then of course don't do that as it will be counterproductive. But assuming you're in shape then stuff like classy looking crop tops, skater dresses, etc should do the trick. Hair, long straight and combed, beat and tidy is usually easy and does the trick. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Marysia W-Smith
Basically what I have a trouble with is I get upset and jealous whenever i see people my age in relationships and girls with the guys who are my type. It makes me annoyed that I've never been hit on and it's embarrassing being 18 and never having a relationship or anything yet. I feel so behind. I dunno what to do and it does distract me sometimes from my revision and work and i don't know how to. I want to be happy being single but i cannot help thinking I'm noone's type and will be single forever.

I am in the same position as you, 19 and single at uni
Original post by Miss Paige
I am in the same position as you, 19 and single at uni

Guys complaining they can't get girls and girls complaining they can't get guys. Looks like there is some issue here.

What is your appearance like? What do you commonly wear? What is your physique like?
Original post by Katerina S.
Guys complaining they can't get girls and girls complaining they can't get guys. Looks like there is some issue here.

What is your appearance like? What do you commonly wear? What is your physique like?

I'ma bit fat I feel and quite tall for a girl I have joined a gym
That will likely be the problem then, if you're over in the BMI. Gym an help but I think a healthy diet is usually the easiest solution as a lot of people struggle to keep up gym long term.

Once you've got a decent figure then wear stuff like I mentioned above and that should help. Odds are you'll start to get done attention but of course may have to do some of the talking as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending