The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

Been seeing this guy for a few months now, we've exclusive and we spend so much time together. We both really like each other, never clicked with someone so easily we get on so well.

He's introduced me to his family & friends and everything's been going so well, or so I thought.

This evening, he's just not replied to me. He's left me on read for about 5 hours now with no explanation. I wouldn't mind if he just dropped a simple message to explain but I've had absolutely nothing and can see he's been online.

I could be overreacting completely. But I thought it was going so well and now I'm second guessing myself and everything.
im sorry to hear you're having some trouble atm - as someone who is an overthinker, i totally get you :frown:

i personally would not think about it too much, especially since from the sounds of it it's the first time hes done this. it could be that he really wanted to know what you texted but didn't have enough time to reply. or maybe he was going to reply and something came up while he was replying and has since forgotten to write back. sometimes people think in their heads that theyve replied but they actually havent.

there are so many scenarios that have no ill intention at all so you just got to think about those - its what i do and it usually keeps me in check until they reply. he'll most likely send an explanation when he replies. however, if this starts to happen often, do bring it up respectfully in a conversation and communicate that you in fact don't like being left on read and perhaps come up with a solution together

wishing you luck <3
Original post by TazmeenX
im sorry to hear you're having some trouble atm - as someone who is an overthinker, i totally get you :frown:

i personally would not think about it too much, especially since from the sounds of it it's the first time hes done this. it could be that he really wanted to know what you texted but didn't have enough time to reply. or maybe he was going to reply and something came up while he was replying and has since forgotten to write back. sometimes people think in their heads that theyve replied but they actually havent.

there are so many scenarios that have no ill intention at all so you just got to think about those - its what i do and it usually keeps me in check until they reply. he'll most likely send an explanation when he replies. however, if this starts to happen often, do bring it up respectfully in a conversation and communicate that you in fact don't like being left on read and perhaps come up with a solution together

wishing you luck <3

Thank you for the response.

He's replied now so panic over, but was proper stressing myself out as that's so unlike him.

I'm a massive overthinker, it's honestly the worst. You make the worst case scenarios out of anything. Sometimes I think you can even manifest them, so perhaps I need to try have a more positive mindset. It's easier said than done though!!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the response.

He's replied now so panic over, but was proper stressing myself out as that's so unlike him.

I'm a massive overthinker, it's honestly the worst. You make the worst case scenarios out of anything. Sometimes I think you can even manifest them, so perhaps I need to try have a more positive mindset. It's easier said than done though!!!!

ahhh thats great to hear!!

yeahhh i completely understand. when there's an irregularity or something my brain completely shuts down and loud sirens go off hahaha but its all about thinking about the other, less serious situations that could've occurred rather than just the worst one. and anyways, you've proved yourself wrong this time so it will be easier to think abt these other scenarios the next time something happens that makes you feel like this. its also all about communication

hope you guys last tho - sounds like you've got something really nice going on!!
Been seeing this guy for a few months now, we've exclusive and we spend so much time together. We both really like each other, never clicked with someone so easily we get on so well.

He's introduced me to his family & friends and everything's been going so well, or so I thought.

This evening, he's just not replied to me. He's left me on read for about 5 hours now with no explanation. I wouldn't mind if he just dropped a simple message to explain but I've had absolutely nothing and can see he's been online.

I could be overreacting completely. But I thought it was going so well and now I'm second guessing myself and everything.

He's had his fun with you, probably chatting someone else up
Original post by Miss Paige
He's had his fun with you, probably chatting someone else up

Brilliant thanks for that vote of confidence.

If that were the case he could've just not replied to me, but he did so surely that means something?
Brilliant thanks for that vote of confidence.

If that were the case he could've just not replied to me, but he did so surely that means something?

Sorry but that's usually the case when they start going cold

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending