The Student Room Group

Honors degrees and graduate courses

If i get a honors degree from one uni can i use that to enter a graduate course at a different uni?

Sorry if its a stupid question
Original post by Atevdev
If i get a honors degree from one uni can i use that to enter a graduate course at a different uni?

Of course. Most taught Masters degrees at UK universities welcome applications from graduates with 2:1 honours degrees, and many will accept 2:2.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Atevdev

Yes, that’s how it works. I don’t know if you can even apply for a graduate degree without an honours.

Once you’ve graduated from the uni where you’re doing your undergraduate course in, you can apply wherever you want.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Atevdev

Yes. Very normal to move between unis for graduate study.
Original post by blitterflicker
Yes, that’s how it works. I don’t know if you can even apply for a graduate degree without an honours.

Once you’ve graduated from the uni where you’re doing your undergraduate course in, you can apply wherever you want.

Part time masters student here with no honours degree, just a standard BSc. It can be done, obviously it depends on a number of factors.
Original post by moonkatt
Part time masters student here with no honours degree, just a standard BSc. It can be done, obviously it depends on a number of factors.

I see. Thanks for clarifying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending