The Student Room Group

Finishing me bachelor degree

I'm not going to finish my bachelor degree with honors and it makes me really sad. Even if I'll continue and to a masters degree it won't be the same (not even sure what are the criteria for honors in masters).
I'm thinking about maybe doing another bachelor in a few years in a topic I find more interesting than the one I already learnt but I'll be quite old for university and not sure it will be as easy to study.
Any ideas how to feel less bad?
Anon,

How comes you are not going to finish with honours?

What did you study?

What would you like to study in the future?

It's okay to feel down, fed up and frustrated. You have put time, money and energy into a course that, for whatever reason, has not gone as expected.

It's okay to feel disappointed but then you have to remember that you are more than a university course, a degree or a particular career!

You have experienced a setback, but it's time to move on and to start making plans!

Maybe that's going to speak to a career's advisor, thinking about your strengths and looking to do something in that area, or looking for a full time job so that you can save and travel and reflect on your next steps.

The main thing is to realise that things don't always go as we want, but that doesn't mean that things can't get better or work out better than expected!

Let disappointment spur you on to greater things!

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending