The Student Room Group

National 5 biology 2023

How did people find the national 5 biology exam 2023 and what answers did you put?
Reply 1
For one of my answers I definitely put haemoglobin although now I’m not sure if I was supposed to put oxyhemoglobin.
Reply 2
I put oxyhemoglobin cuz when oxygen is mixed with the haemoglobin in blood cells, it makes OXYhaemoglobin
Reply 3
Original post by Dawudk
I put oxyhemoglobin cuz when oxygen is mixed with the haemoglobin in blood cells, it makes OXYhaemoglobin

Yeah probably correct I thought I was about transporting oxygen so I assumed the oxyhemoglobin would release the oxygen making it only haemoglobin. As you can see I’m not great at biology.
Reply 4
Original post by Dawudk

I also done this model paper. But it’s REALLY OLD so the course might of changed since.
Reply 5
Original post by warden4y
How did people find the national 5 biology exam 2023 and what answers did you put?
i got 63 for the donkey chromosomes
Reply 6
Original post by Random….
I also done this model paper. But it’s REALLY OLD so the course might of changed since.

Ohh no i see whats happened, basically that question akss what pigment is USED to transport oxygen. The question in our paper asked something like how is it transported in blood cells or something. Btw… you're not bad at biology! everyone has a strong and a weak point, now you know what your weak points are and you can build on them :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by bkamalx

Yeah i got the same
Reply 8
Original post by bkamalx

Same 😭
Reply 9
Original post by Dawudk
Ohh no i see whats happened, basically that question akss what pigment is USED to transport oxygen. The question in our paper asked something like how is it transported in blood cells or something. Btw… you're not bad at biology! everyone has a strong and a weak point, now you know what your weak points are and you can build on them :smile:

thank you! I know I’ve already lost atleast 4 marks but it’s okay I’ll live
Reply 10
Same 😭

did you get D which was 15 for the infertile men multiple choice??
Reply 11
Original post by bkamalx
did you get D which was 15 for the infertile men multiple choice??

I’m so sorry I wish I knew I literally can even remember that well. But I did have like 2 or 3 Ds in a row at one point
Reply 12
I’m so sorry I wish I knew I literally can even remember that well. But I did have like 2 or 3 Ds in a row at one point

it was like a math question on how much percent a man was infertile
Reply 13
For one of my answers I definitely put haemoglobin although now I’m not sure if I was supposed to put oxyhemoglobin.

i put oxyhemoglobin but i feel like haemoglobin makes more sense? i’m honestly not sure
Reply 14
Original post by bkamalx
it was like a math question on how much percent a man was infertile

was D 60%? or is that a different question
Reply 15

I put B, also did anyone else have at some point like 3 D’s in a row and 3 C’s in a row???
Reply 16
Original post by Dawudk
I put B, also did anyone else have at some point like 3 D’s in a row and 3 C’s in a row???

i put 3 Cs at somepoint i can’t remember about 3 Ds though, a lot of people seem to have done that though!
Reply 17
i’m sure d was 15 in the right handed box i chose D

there was alot of A's in a row at the start. I think I read a question wrong, I described active transport instead of osmosis i think but i'm not sure.

it was whatever one that had 30% inactive like B or C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending