The Student Room Group

Will uoft revoke my offer if my ib grade changed a lot?

I got a predicted of 44 and got accepted by Lifesci. From the start of this year, I had really serious anxiety but didn't go to the hospital since the exams are next week and I thought I can manage them. So I'm really worried about my exams, and if I get 34, will they revoke my offer as I didn't maintain my academic level?
what is the exact wording of your offer conditions?
Original post by ivyyyyy99
I got a predicted of 44 and got accepted by Lifesci. From the start of this year, I had really serious anxiety but didn't go to the hospital since the exams are next week and I thought I can manage them. So I'm really worried about my exams, and if I get 34, will they revoke my offer as I didn't maintain my academic level?

From what I know from friends who are holding conditional offers from UoT, they have to achieve "acceptable" final grades, meaning close to their predicted grades. That is, to maintain similar grades attained throughout G11 and G12.

I guess whether or not UOT will confirm their offers after results day, is anyone's guess.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
what is the exact wording of your offer conditions?

Obtain the International Baccalaureate Diploma and maintain your current academic standing, particularly in any prerequisite subjects for the admission category to which you have been admitted. If you have already completed your studies, ensure your official results are submitted.
Hi, I attended a student reception held by UofT in my country, and someone asked this exact question.
Their offer is conditional in the sense that they would like you to achieve a final score that's relatively similar to your predicted grades. Of course, if you drop 2 or 3 points it shouldn't make much of a difference, however, dropping drastically will most likely result in them revoking your admission. Otherwise, you will have to appeal and justify why your grades dropped so suddenly in such a short time span.

I don't think you should worry too much, just focus on giving the exams your all, and figure out what happens once you receive your final score. If you're not too happy with your score reach out to them and see their standpoint, and (only if necessary) request an appeal.

Good luck with exams btw! :smile: I hope you do well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending