The Student Room Group

How to Get As in highers

Well currently I am taking Higher english,maths, chem and Physics and I want all As. In my prelims I got Bs and a C in English. I don’t know how to do good in set text I got 5/20. In chemistry I got 60 percent and I want to get an A. In maths I got 63 percent and I also need an A. I want to get all As. Does anyone have any tips for me.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
Hey I’m aiming to get all As as well! For set text I struggle with it too since higher seems like such a big jump from n5 but I’m doing Jekyll and Hyde and I’ve just analysed every chapter and got quotes for it. What are you doing for set text? For the other subjects I would just do past papers. I done the higher human exam yesterday and it seemed so much different from the previous papers and it was one of my strong subjects 🥲
Original post by Nat5candidate
Well currently I am taking Higher english,maths, chem and Physics and I want all As. In my prelims I got Bs and a C in English. I don’t know how to do good in set text I got 5/20. In chemistry I got 60 percent and I want to get an A. In maths I got 63 percent and I also need an A. I want to get all As. Does anyone have any tips for me.
Reply 2
For set text I am doing Liz Lochhead poems and yeah I forgot to mention I done higher human yesterday as well, it wasn’t too bad but if grade boundaries aren’t lowerred i might not get the A I was hoping for

Original post by Erin.123xx
Hey I’m aiming to get all As as well! For set text I struggle with it too since higher seems like such a big jump from n5 but I’m doing Jekyll and Hyde and I’ve just analysed every chapter and got quotes for it. What are you doing for set text? For the other subjects I would just do past papers. I done the higher human exam yesterday and it seemed so much different from the previous papers and it was one of my strong subjects 🥲
Reply 3
Original post by Nat5candidate
For set text I am doing Liz Lochhead poems and yeah I forgot to mention I done higher human yesterday as well, it wasn’t too bad but if grade boundaries aren’t lowerred i might not get the A I was hoping for

Honestly have no clue what that is but maybe just do mind maps cause I always find that they help? Yeah I’m really hoping grade boundaries are lowered I made so many stupid mistakes 🥲 the questions were so weirdly worded I felt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending